Thursday, August 26, 2010

One Million Acts of Kindness

http://www.onemillionactsofkindness.com

A few days ago, while I was at work, I came across a big blue and white sticker with the image of a dove and a website around it. This intrigued me so I turned the sticker over and on the back there was this websites mission statement:
"One Million Acts Of Kindness is a goal. A goal for each person to individually perform One Million Acts Of Kindness in their life. Can you imagine a greater goal for one’s life? It is a constant mind-set of kindness every day of your life for the next fifty-five years. Doing for others and kindness in your heart for everyone. It is my wish that you will dedicate your life to a charity… finding the passion in your heart for something or someone in need."

After reading this I got to thinking, why can't we do this? Why don't we all try to do just one 'act of kindness' a day? The world would be a much better place, and this man has a great mission!

While I personally haven't done anything spectacular lately for others, I am definitely more aware and am finding myself starting to notice there are a good deal of deeds we can do in one day that we never even notice, or think about.

Some Examples:
-When someone forgets their umbrella say 'excuse me' and give it back, they will appreciate it.
-Hold the elevator for someone
-Bake something and give it out to your friends and loved ones
-Simply saying 'Bless you' after a sneeze

If you do some small things like these you'll be rewarded with a smile and maybe a new friend.

No comments: