Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Grid

I am beginning the process of designing my portfolio, and I figure I should do it right this time.
The last few portfolios were not well designed, it was just throwing some photos on a page, drawing some lines around them and deciding that this was the 'best look'. However, this time I want to actually put some thought behind the layout, which is one of the most important features.

While brainstorming I have come upon an idea that I just can't shake, The Grid. The city grid, the streets and plots of land that create the footprint of the city.
I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate this into my lay out, to be both modern and functional. The more i imagine the better off I'll be.

Then comes the question, which city's footprint should I use? or should I design a new one that's never been seen? Maybe use a different one on each page? Maybe just use an abstract grid.... oh the possibilities.

No comments: