Friday, September 10, 2010

Nicacelly

I stumbled upon Nicacelly a few years ago at the Sacramento 'Second Saturday' event.
Second Saturday was held the 2nd Saturday of every month, it was/is a local art show where artists open their studios for your viewing pleasure, they come to the streets, and they (used to) serve wine & h'orderves to their patrons.
(over time as SS grew they were no longer allowed to serve wine, and only a few places serve food anymore, as there are so many people who attend that it is not feasable)

One SS in the winter of 2007, the new MARRS Building opened in Sacramento between J St. & K St. on 20th St. On the left hand corner (J & 20th) there was a large open gallery space, that would eventually become Lounge on 20. This space was filled with local, young, emerging designers selling their merchandise.
While wondering around looking at clothing, I stumbled upon Nicacelly. I tried on one shirt (shirt below) and I was sold. It was so cute. When I purchased the shirt it came along with a CD from the designer (one of my favorite CD's also).

Since purchasing this shirt, I have researched the designer and realized that she has a great company and great ethics. Unfortunately for me Nicacelly clothing is too expensive, so I just have to hold onto my hoodie for as long as I can.


No comments: