Sunday, September 12, 2010

Master Cleanse



My Italian friend mentioned yesterday that she was going to start the Master Cleanse tomorrow (Monday), and I decided to jump on the band wagon.

I've been wanting to do this for a good year or so now, and after she mentioned it I figured what better time then now.

The Master Cleanse (aka the lemonade diet) was designed to cleanse your body of all the toxins from unhealthy processed foods. It is a 4-30 day cleanse in which you drink a concoction of lemon, syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. You drink 6-12 cups of the juice depending how hungry you are, and you drink salt water each morning to 'flush' your system.

She has decided to do it for 7 days.
So these next 7 days will be interesting to say the least.

Last time I tried this diet I lasted 3.5 days, lets hope it goes better this time around.

Below are some websites I've found useful, if you're interested in the cleanse:
WebMD
MasterCleanse

Recipe:
  • 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
  • 2 tablespoons grade-B organic maple syrup.
  • 1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
  • 10 ounces filtered water.

**I have decided to perhaps start next week, TBA**

    No comments: