Sunday, September 19, 2010

Learning to live with Roommates

These past few months have been a learning experience, the captain and I moved into a 3 bedroom apartment and have 2 other roommates.

Going from our studio, where things were done the way we like them, to an apartment that is shared with other people has been challenging. As can be assumed, it is tough adapting to the way other people do things, adapting to their way of cleaning (or lack there of), realizing that things can not always be done in my time frame, and trying to get others to do what you think should be done is well... difficult.

When I sit and fester on it, I become frustrated.
I go back and forth between talking with them about their habits, cleaning up the mess myself, and just leaving things as is.
Do I bring it up and always be the 'mother,' the 'bitch,' the 'nag' or to not say anything and be 'cool'?
And why are we considered these things just because we want to be clean? we want things put back in their place? we want people to clean up after themselves?
Perhaps I'm overly anal, perhaps I'm just cleanly, I suppose this is just a matter of opinion and I prefer to call myself the latter. However you are welcome to disagree.



Overall I think I have great roommates, but as with anyone or anything at times it is challenging.

No comments: