Monday, September 6, 2010

Food, Inc.

Yesterday started out as a 'lazy day' relaxing and enjoying ourselves.
It ended with us becoming informed about food, health, and the government.

http://www.foodincmovie.com
http://www.takepart.com/foodinc

Food, Inc. is a movie that I have been told to watch over and over again, yesterday I finally did.
I cannot believe our government. I cannot believe the big business, but most of all I cannot believe my fellow Americans.

Long story short, big business has bought up over half of our nations farms, they run the farms like a factory, they pump all of the product full of things that do not occur in nature and are unpleasant for our bodies, they give the farmers no way out except to do what they're told, and the government backs them up and passes legislation to do so.

Like most other American's I didn't know that all of these additional chemicals were inside of my food, I didn't know that chickens could grow so quickly or that they could be genetically engineered to have 'larger breasts' because that what we want to eat, I didn't know that corn diets were extremely bad for the cows, I didn't know that companies keep farmers from using their own seeds and force them into buying their genetically engineered seeds, and I didn't know that I was unwillingly pumping all of this into my body.

This movie was knowledgeable, and has definitely changed the way I will be eating in the future.
Anyone who is eating American grown foods needs to educate themselves and watch this movie, or better yet do research on your own so you know what you're 'really eating'.
And help pass Kevin's Law.

No comments: